Sunday, September 20, 2009

Interjection #2, or, I Love Animation

And I always will. So the movie 9 really made me hopeful for being able to continue to watch intelligent animated movies well into adulthood. In any of my discussions about the movie, I mentioned that I was thrilled to see the movie industry breaking out of the Animation Age Ghetto.

Then I read the Trope page, which states that the Animation Age Ghetto was "Not just subverted, but punched in the face, shot up with a machine gun, thrown off a cliff, fed to sharks, and blown up. Also gassed."

Yeah, I giggled for about five minutes straight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe. that quote reminds me of one of my faves:

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
-- James Nicoll

Totally irrelevant, but very entertaining.

also.
MIRI. send me an email @ lali.hyde@gmail.com

I had your number
then my phone died
then i realized that
I am not good with technology
and hadn't saved my numbers to the sim
and so then
yeah.
but i have a phone again.
so you should email me.

also also, i'm thinking about doing NaNoWriMo this year.

Ink Johnson said...

DO IT.

Um, yeah. It's awesome.
[/extraneous comments]