Saturday, May 10, 2008

For the Sake of Clarity

Good night, it's been a long time since we've updated. What have we been doing all this time?

(Despite that being a rhetorical question, I think I can say quantifiably: Performing in school shows and watching Death Note. Ah, the lives of writing dorks.)

BUT. My spring break started on Monday, March 31st. I got Ink to call me early, to get me out of bed. Once awake enough to see straight, I sat down at my computer and wrote for six hours solid. The Queen's Architect is a lovely (-cough) 58,000-word rough draft, and I'll be starting the rewrite within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for all your support, and I hope we'll remember to update before another two months have passed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooooo miri! you're going to have to tell me what this book is about, i'm out of the loop, i'm afraid.

Miri said...

Just about no one knows what it's about other than Ink, who's read the thing. "What's it about?" is one of those questions that I just freeze on in person. Have you ever had the feeling that even though you like something, anything you say about it would be stupid? Yeah, that one.

The internet, however, is a different matter.

The shortest I can condense it down to is that it's about a prince who wants to become an architect, his sister who wants to be anything but queen, his brother-in-law who he's deeply suspicious of, the mysterious enemy who's having his family assassinated one by one, and a very unusual visitor to the royal court.

Gah, that's still long.

I'll have a better idea at the end of the second draft, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miri, Long time no see since Nano,anyway this is Brigit; I was wondering if you wanted to take part in Vic's Worldwide gift. Basically there's a pair of jeans that the Risembool rangers have been sending around to each other to sign and give to Vic on his birthday. Anyway, they've made it around to me and I figured I'd give you a shout and see if you wanted to sign them before I sent them off again.

Email me your reply at: supernukunuku@caslah.com

Anonymous said...

The shortest I can condense it down to is that it's about a prince who wants to become an architect, his sister who wants to be anything but queen, his brother-in-law who he's deeply suspicious of, the mysterious enemy who's having his family assassinated one by one, and a very unusual visitor to the royal court.

Long, maybe, but certainly not stupid. It sounds rather cool, actually.

Anonymous said...

very cool. :) I would read it.

Miri said...

Thanks!

(Careful, though, Melissa, or else I might add you to the list of beta-readers, and I have a feeling your workload's gonna be crazy enough.)

First I have to revise it, though, and then let the crit group have a crack at it.

Anonymous said...

thanks, i needed that, on my one post..
update yours! my gosh! it's not hard! say something, however trivial it may be! :)