Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Project, or "It's Not Over Yet, Fools!"

I've been commanded to update the blog more often. It's a good habit to get into.

Cough-INK-cough.

So I was given an assignment in Lit class last week: represent a character from one of the works we've read this year...on a ceiling tile. I decided to take on two: Lucie Manette and Therese Defarge from Dickens's classic A Tale of Two Cities. While the book was difficult to read, the story was just amazing, and I love the striking contrasts between these two women.

And, because it turned out so well (honestly, I was floored, as I've never thought of myself as much of a painter), I posted pictures on the Internet. Check them out! See what you think.

I've also been brainstorming on The Queen's Architect. Current verdict: I didn't realize I had so many important characters. And I'm adding two more: Andrew and Rebekah, the apprentice and the betrothed. They're being quite nice about being dragged into this madness, and I love them already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we didn't do cool stuff like that when WE studied tale of two cities. Ah, well, I'm not complaining... much.

Anyhow, thought you would appreciate this, it's pretty funny.

http://www.sfwa.org/writing/turkeycity.html