Sunday, June 10, 2007

100 things about me

Saw this on Mother Reader's blog (http://motherreader.blogspot.com/) and thought it would be a nice way to anyone reading this to get to know me more than "Dang, that girl reads a LOT."



1. Miri (http://miri-grace.blogspot.com/) got me into this.

2. Miri gets me into lots of things, like word wars on NaNoWriMo and the Spork Room. So far, I've ended up loving everything she's gotten me into.

3. I heart NaNoWriMo.

4. It takes me about an hour to straighten my hair, which I usually do three or four times a week.

5. It's a great time to think over plot points.

6. I like to write- have you gotten that?

7. I'm an anime fan and I proudly admit it. My favorites are FullMetal Alchemist, Bleach and Avatar.

8. Yes, Avatar is a kid's show.

9. I also love the Office.

10. Jam FOREVER. Whoever said you shouldn't get involved in office romances was dead wrong. I'm serious.

11. Embarrassingly enough, my dream guy is pretty much Jim.

12. My father finds this hiliarous.

13. I wear a biteguard at night to keep me from clenching my teeth.

14. I sound like a total idiot with it in.

15. I have never, nor will I, have braces.

15. Sometimes I regret this fact. There's a kind of fraternity of suffering associated with orthidoncia.

16. I pick at hangnails when I'm anxious.

17. I want to live on the beach.

18. Altar calls make me really awkward.

19. I discuss teen fiction with my grandmom.

20. I find character development in Beatles songs.

21. I harbor a deep and abiding hate of all things Macintosh.

22. Even iPods.

23. They're lame.

24. My nickname in 5th grade was 'Panda Girl.'

25. Because I got $25 in some kind of essay contest and gave it to some enviromental agency.

26. I was a weird kid.

27. I think I still am.

28. I've been in theater since I was like, five.

29. I went to see Wicked last summer.

30. Jealous?

31. I really like showtunes. :)

32. I like cats.

33. I like dogs, too.

34. I have some of both. They both get fur all over my clothes.

35. My favorite kind of candy is Reeses Peanutbutter Cups.

36. I'm eating one right now.

37. My dad makes horrible puns.

38. I'm a vegetarian.

39. Nothing to do with religion, or family, or culture or anything. It's just better this way, for me.

40. I really like flipflops.

41. Although I only have one pair.

42. I repair things with duct tape.

43. I've tried to make flipflops out duct tape.

44. It didn't work.

45. I have contacts. (Lenses, I mean.)

46. I only like the first first hour of a shopping trip.

47. My characters develop political views opposite from my own, and it freaks me out.

48. Even the protaganists.

49. I love the Colbert Report.

50. I'm delighted to have made it halfway through the list.

51. I'm running out of things to say.

52. I've read the entire Harry Potter series (to date) at least 4 times each. Usually more.

53. I go to a movie at midnight about 3 times a year.

54. Sleeping is unimportant to me.

55. I don't like taking naps.

56. I wake up feeling sick.

57. I have awesome (and sometimes terrifying) dreams.

58. My tolerance for ignorance is extremely low.

59. That's probably not great when you live in Hicktown, USA.

60. I take Tae Kwon Do.

61. I'm a brown belt. My black belt test is in November.

62. Yes, the same month as NaNoWriMo. I'm already worried.

63. My TKD teacher is aweseome.

64. He usually stands around and talks to people while we do basics (warmups) and tells antecdotes.

65. I have a long career of listening into these antecdotes.

66. And I put one of them into my April Fool's novellette. 'Twas sweet.

67. I can't tell left from right without making an L with my left hand.

68. I helped coach a peewee soccer team one year.

69. One of the parents said I could be a teacher.

70. *cracks up laughing*

71. I only know four phone numbers.

72. One of which I've forgotten.

73. I'm good at Scrabble.

74. But not great.

75. I shower at night. Always.

76. I have short fingers.

77. I will watch films for the English accents.

78. If 'Love, Actually' had been made with American actors, I never would have sat through it.

79. I have a deep enemity with my alarm clock.

80. My alarm clock knows this.

81. And persists in ringing as horribly as possible.

82. I think I learned the word 'plausible' from Mythbusters.

83. I get a cold once every three months.

84. I have a mold of my teeth.

85. I snap them in my sisters' faces just to annoy them.

86. I love my family more than anything else on Earth.

87. Although my friends are pretty far up on that list, too.

88. I cried when I finished Lord of the Rings.

89. I still watch Star Wars.

90. If I had a week left to live, I'd probably finish editing my last novel, then hang out with my peeps.

91. The prospect of death doesn't really freak me out that much.

92. Then again, I have quite awhile to go.

93. I love popcorn.

94. I take spiders outside instead of killing them.

95. I once biked 120 miles in 3 days, carrying all my food and shelter.

96. It was a blast.

97. I'm related to one of my best friends, and I've never technically "met" the other one. Go figure.

98. I listen to This American Life nearly compulsively.

99. I haven't drank Sprite since I saw that Lymon commerical.

100. To me, the finest poetry of our day is Dr. Seuss's "Oh! the Places You'll Go."

2 comments:

Miri said...

You might want to edit #97 to "met one" or "met the other one" or something. Otherwise it looks like you've never met the one you're related to. ;) Which I suppose is possible.

I am, of course, flattered to be included in your list. And impressed that you manage to spend an hour four times a week in the proximity of something hot. I just can't stand straightening my hair under most circumstances. x)

Avatar is NOT a kid's show. It's a show originally developed for a young audience with mass worldwide appeal for a variety of audiences. So there.

(My dad makes horrible puns too! D*Con's gonna be fun.)

Ink Johnson said...

Will do.

Heh, well, that includes drying my hair, too. And our straighter's set at 170 degrees, so it's not scary hot.

Totally. Maybe "that the evil overlords at Nickoloedon claim is a kids' show.)