Sunday, July 29, 2007

10 Phrases Overheard At Black Belt Camp

Yeah, I'm a brown belt, but we were allowed to tag along. (I think they wanted someone to beat the snot out of.) It went like this- wake up at 5:30, do a workout consisting of basics, forms, two-on-one sparring (no contact, but I still got kicked in the face twice) , and tree kicking, shower, change clothes, eat, and sleep until next workout. Rinse & repeat. 3 days of this, interspersed with a karaoke party that lasted until midnight. Flat-out awesome.


"Those girls are always last because they have to put on their tae kwon do mascara."

"See, I don't bruise easily-"
"Oh, a challenge."

"Don't make fun of our bathroom!"

"We can Photoshop Ted in. He's only the grandmaster of the whole camp."

*screech* "Well, the brakes work."

"How many black belts does it take to set up a karaoke machine?"

"What's up?""My blood pressure, my heart rate, my bruise-to-skin quotient... everything but oxygen levels."

"There's a bug in my bra!"

"New friggen' York, New friggen' York!"

"My neck hurts, my arms ache, my shins are covered in bruises..."
"Welcome to black belt camp."


So, what did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

Miri said...

-died of hilarity-

-is dead-

-x.x-

I take it Madame Ko's Torture Camp was a success, then?

I...um...what did I do this weekend?

OH, right. Hardcore waterparking (heh, as if), critiquing, a decent amount of writing...and lots of TV-watching. Oh, and I bought a paper brick (also known as Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke). It's over 1,000 pages in its paperback form.

I'm doing a torture camp of my own invention this week: High-School Wake Up Time Conditioning. (Also known as body-clock shock therapy.) In which Miri gets herself up at 6 AM and stays there.

It would have worked, had I not fallen onto my bed at 8:45 and taken an accidental nap...